The acne treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.03% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Factors such as the increasing prevalence of acne vulgaris condition in teenagers and adults, rising sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy food habits, and growing demand for minimally invasive cosmetic acne treatment procedures have boosted the demand and propelled the market growth. However, safety issues regarding the products being applied for acne treatment are posing hurdles to the market growth.
MRFR recognizes the following companies as the key players in the global acne treatment market— GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Almirall, S.A., Galderma Laboratories, LP, F. Hoffman La Roche Ltd, Bausch Health Companies Inc, Leo Pharma A/S, Johnson Johnson Services Inc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Candela Corporation, Vyne Therapeutics Inc, and Abbott.
Request Free Sample Copy at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/5675
The global acne treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.03% during the forecast period and is expected to hit USD 5383.05 million by 2027.
Acne, also known as acne vulgaris, is a skin condition characterized by the clogging of hair follicles with oil or dead skin cells. The skin condition can be persistent even after treatments. Acne is estimated to affect the areas of the skin, which have a relatively high number of oil glands, i.e., the face, the upper part of the chest, and back. Pustules, nodules, cystic lesions, and papules are some of the common symptoms of the disease. Acne is common among teenagers. The increasing prevalence of acne and the growing teenage population are expected to fuel the growth of the acne treatment market.
The growth of the global acne treatment market is attributed to the high global acne prevalence, increasing sedentary lifestyle, and unhealthy food habits, the high influence of social media and brand endorsements, and rise in disposable incomes of middle-class people.
However, there were variations across countries; the prevalence rates ranged from 42.2% in Poland to 73.5% in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Results from a multivariate regression demonstrated that heredity is a prime factor responsible for acne, whereas age appears to be a protective factors. In all selected countries, a decrease in the prevalence of acne was observed with age. The highest rates were reported in the age group 15-17 and the lowest in the age group 21-24. Furthermore, as per the advice of Eric Schweiger, MD, board-certified dermatologist, RealSelf advisor, and founder of Schweiger Dermatology to Teen Vogue, typically it's a variety of factors that contribute to acne. Poor lifestyle habits, such as smoking, a high-glycemic diet, not washing your face properly, and touching your face, can definitely contribute to acne.
- The global acne treatment market has been divided based on acne type, treatment, drug type, route of administration, and end user.The global acne treatment market, on the basis of acne type, has been segmented into moderate acne, mild acne, moderate to severe acne.Based on treatment, the global acne treatment market is segmented into medication and therapeutic devices.
- The global acne treatment market, on the basis of drug type, has been segmented into OTC and Prescription. Based on route of administration, the market is segmented into topical, oral, and injectable.The global acne treatment market, on the basis of end user, is segmented into hospitals clinics, specialty centers.
- The Americas spearheaded the acne treatment market in 2019 and is likely to continue to command during the assessment period. This can be attributed to the high prevalence of acne and skin disorders, product launches, and technological advancement in this region. As per the American Academy of Dermatology Association, nearly 85% of teenagers are affected by acne at some point during their teenage years. In total, over 50 million people have acne in the US. Furthermore, in 2013, the costs associated with acne treatment among those who sought medical care for acne exceeded USD 1.2 billion in the US. This huge contribution of the US in the Americas acne treatment market is anticipated to fuel the regional market growth. Furthermore, regional players are also focused on product development and launch to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in December 2019, Bausch Health Companies Inc., a Canada-based pharmaceutical company announced that the US FDA had approved a new drug application for their tazarotene (ARAZLO), a 0.045% for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris in patients nine years of age and older.
- Europe held the second-largest position in the acne treatment market in 2019 owing to the organic growth strategies of companies and a well-developed medical industry in the region. Key players focused on novel product developments and launches are fueling the growth of the acne treatment market in the region. In August 2020, CassiopeaSpA, an Italy-based pharmaceutical company announced that it has cleared the US FDA approval for their Winlevi (clascoterone cream 1%) for the treatment of acne. Similarly, Galderma, a Swiss pharmaceutical company specializing in dermatological treatments and skincare products for acne, has announced its topical retinoid trifarotene 0.005%. The US FDA has approved AKLIEF for the treatment of acne vulgaris. These organic growth strategies help companies to strengthen their position in the European market.
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to register the highest growth rate over the forecast period from 2020 to 2027. This is owing to the high incidence of acne, increased government initiative, and the presence of a large number of pharmaceutical companies. Various initiatives taken by the government to support the healthcare system are also fueling the growth of the regional market. For instance, in August 2020, the government announced the national health ID for every Indian to create a centralized mechanism to identify every participating user in the National Health Stack. Furthermore, increasing disposable income of middle-class families, which accounts for a large population in Asia, encouraging them to spend more on health, is driving the growth of the acne treatment market in the region.
- The growth of the acne treatment market in the Middle East Africa is growing steadily in the past few years. The key factors propelling the market growth are the increasing prevalence of acne and funding by private players and governments. As per the report of the International Trade Administration, The Saudi healthcare sector is the largest in the Near East. Saudi Arabia's health and social affairs budget for 2019 outlines an 8% increase to USD 46 billion as compared to USD 42.4 billion in 2018.
Access full report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/acne-treatment-market-5675
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor,
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071
Email: [email protected]